Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Man's Best Friend

I'm sure you've heard the saying about dogs being man's best friend...well, I can say that I honestly see that on a daily basis.

I believe there's a reason that phrase exists. If you think about it, dogs are loyal. Dogs have a personality, demeanor, they are resilient,  and they love unconditionally. I see that with Sam and Memphis.

I remember the first day they met. Holy tears! Good tears. Happy tears. In just a few short minutes I witnessed pure joy, love, and happiness. If you've met Memphis, you know he is a happy dog. His whole bottom half wags, he goes into a full body wag, and I honestly believe he smiles. 

Can you imagine having a best friend with you all the time? Someone you can talk to about anything--without judgement?  Imagine if you will, what that is like for a Veteran who may feel like they can't open up or talk to someone about their experiences..Imagine if they had a service dog that could fill a void in their life. How wonderful to know there are people working hard to make sure that these dogs are trained for Veterans.

Some of my favorite moments are seeing Memphis and Sam interact. I often wonder what they talk about on the drive to work, over their walks during lunch, and I would give anything to know what Memphis thinks.

One of my favorite things about Memphis is that he is always so happy. He knows when Sam needs some attention and love. If Sam is anxious, Memphis is there to help, alerting him that everything is going to be alright. Memphis is active. He loves to play, loves one of his favorite toys, a stuffed Smore, and sometimes he sleeps with it. He brings joy to everyone he meets, and I truly believe he is Sam's best friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment